How to Find Your Dream Job
It’s Friday afternoon and you catch yourself thinking TGIF – total 90’s flashback! All of a sudden a visual runs through your mind, you sitting at your desk throwing papers in the air saying something similar to the above…and then Monday comes around.
Everybody always talks about getting the proverbial “dream job”, but how many people do you really know who are truly “living the dream”? It seems simple enough right? You know who you are and what you enjoy, so just go out and do it! But how do you turn the gift of gab into a career? How does one take a flare for fashion all the way to the bank, instead of the other way around?
According to an article published in Forbes Daily Muse, asking yourself a simple set of questions might be the first step to point you in the right direction! Take a stab at the questions below and see if a pattern emerges. As suggested in the original article on The Muse, this will not reveal a magical unified answer, however, it may enlighten you about a career path or option you had not yet considered.
- If I could choose one friend to trade jobs with, I’d choose ____________, because ____________.
- I’ve always wondered what it would be like to do ____________. It’s interesting to me because ____________.
- If I had the right education or skill set, I’d definitely try ____________, because ____________.
- If I had to go back to school tomorrow, I’d major in ____________, because ____________.
- My co-workers and friends always say I’m great at ____________, because ____________.
- The thing I love most about my current job is ____________, because ____________.
- If my boss would let me, I’d do more of ____________, because ____________.
- If I had a free Saturday that had to be spent “working” on something, I’d choose ____________, because ____________.
- When I retire, I want to be known for ____________, because ____________.